Last updated 22 May 2018
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
When ordering, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, physical mailing address, or payment information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
* To personalize your experience during email communication with WordPress and MailChimp.
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
* To improve our website using Google Analytics.
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
* To process transactions with WooCommerce and PayPal.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
* To send periodic emails with MailChimp.
The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We rely on security measures provided by the data processors (WordPress, MailChimp, WooCommerce, Google Analytics, Facebook, and PayPal) to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order, subscribe to our email list, or otherwise enter, submit, or access your personal information.
All payments are processed securely through WooCommerce and PayPal and your payment information is NEVER stored by Nan Sampson – Author as a data controller!
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
View our cookies policy HERE .
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, rent, share, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information (PII). This does not include trusted third parties (data processors) who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to maintain the confidentiality of your data. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate and required to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect or encourage the submission of any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Nan Sampson-Author has striven to ensure compliance with the GDPR and protect the personally identifiable information of citizens of the European Union and extend that same level of protection to all users.
– Right to Access: To access the aggregate data we hold about you, email email@example.com for a copy.
– Right to Erasure: to have your data held by Nan Sampson – Author as a data controller, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Data breaches: Should a data breach ever occur, we will inform users by email as soon as is reasonable after we are made aware.
Should we become aware of data breaches to any of our data processors, we will also inform you via email.
– How we use your data: Nan Sampson- Author uses user-provided data in order to send email communications through WordPress and MailChimp, utilize Google Analytics to improve website performance, utilize Facebook Pixel to improve advertising by Nan Sampson – Author, and process product payments through WooCommerce and PayPal.
– Data Storage Limitations: Nan Sampson – Author only stores your information until you unsubscribe from our email list or cancel your membership. Nan Sampson – Author will take all appropriate measures after such actions by You to delete your remaining information within a reasonable amount of time, usually THIRTY (30) days.
– Access: Nan Sampson – Author as a data controller will only allow your data to be accessed by data processors such as WordPress, MailChimp, Google, Facebook, WooCommerce, and PayPal. Nan Sampson – Author will never sell, rent, share, or otherwise provide your information to other third parties, especially not for marketing purposes. The only exception this rule would be to reasonably comply with law enforcement and government investigations.
Nan Sampson – Author
Huntley, IL 60142